June 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or Someone I Know In Real Life

1. Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars
Spencer is very driven and tries to be the best at everything she does. I wasn't always like that but lately - by which I mean the last three years or so - I really started working hard for school and everything I want to achieve - sometimes I think I overdo it a bit.

2. Hana from Delirium
In this case it's not the character herself but more what happened between Hana and Lena. By the way, if you haven't read Delirium yet you should move on to number three - it's gonna be spoilery. What I mean is that moment when Hana and Lena part and they both feel like they will never be friends again, that things between them will never be as they were before - not even close. That has happened to me with a whole group of my friends and I still regret it sometimes. I think, though, that this is quite normal as you grow up and change and find out who you really are.

3. McLean from What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
 That thing she does? Moving around and always changing her identity? My dream! I actually still try to be "a completely different me" sometimes - and it never quite works out...

4. All those people who live in Gatlin from The Caster Chronicles Series by Kami Garcia and Margeret Stohl
So much like the village I live in! Oh my, I know exactly how that feels when everyone knows everyone and also believes to know every single detail about their private lives! It can be annoying sometimes...


5. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I think I'm who I am partly because I looked up to Hermione so much when I was a kid. This might sound weird but I always admired her courage and discipline at the same time. I loved how she could be good at school and a good person all at once :)

6. Taylor from The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
 She actually reminds me of a bunch of my friends. There will always be these spoiled girls that think they can have everything and everyone and who make you feel bad without even noticing - and you kind of love them anyway :)

7. Macy from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
In the beginning of the book she's just like me. I could identify with her especially whenever she banned any influence of spontaneity from her life and always lived according to her plan.

8. Mia from If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Like Mia I tend to get so absorbed in my own thoughts that I don't really notice what's going on around me. I've always kept to myself a lot, was more quiet than most kids. That's why I found her so relatable.

9. Mia's little brother from If I Stay
He has a lot of things in common with my own little brother :)

10. Rebecca from All American Girl by Meg Cabot
She reminds me of a childhood friend of mine who I'm still friends with today. She went to a bunch of schools for geniuses and got on her mom's nerves with all her super intelligent comments!

3 comments:

  1. Great list. Really like your insights! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we all looked up to Mione. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Makes me feel far less like a freak :)

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...