July 03, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday













Top Ten Books For People Who Like X Author

After a good amount of thinking I decided to change this topic up a little bit for my own special needs. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't find 10 books to recommend to people for one author so I decided to list ten authors and recommend a book for each of them.

1. JK Rowling 

I loved the Harry Potter Series especially because of the great world building and the way Rowling let the characters go through normal situations in their magical every day lives. That's why my suggestion for Rowling - lovers would be Delirium by Lauren Oliver. The main character Lena lives in her dystopian world but definitely has to deal with normal issues of growing up, as well.

2. Meg Cabot

I mean, everybody knows I love her, right??? If you do, too I'd recommend Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday to you. The writing is just as sarcastic and hilarious as in Meg's books, the plot almost as unrealistic and I do like the main character's voice even better than for example Mia's or Sam's.

3. Sarah Shepard

If you like the creepy but girly touch that Shepard's Series (Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game) have  I'd recommend you to check our Michele Jaffe's Rosebush. It's a great mystery novel that has a bit more depth and a great, action -  packed ending as well as a valuable message.

4. Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen's books always deal with very normal girls who have any kind of adolescence issues that I find myself totally relating to. It was similar with Elizabeth  Scott's Bloom. That novel might be a bit slow paced sometimes and I personally didn't like it as much as Dessen's books, but I think it's definitely worth reading.


5. Harper Lee


Everyone who loved To Kill a Mockingbird because of its honest way of telling a story will probably love The Kite Runner. It's much darker and not meant for every age group (it's an adult book) but if you think you can handle it it's an amazing, heart-wrenching read that will stay with you for a long time.


6. Lauren Oliver


One of the things I loved about Delirium was Oliver's beautiful writing style. The story was told so carefully - amazing! Therefore I'd suggest you give Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver a try. The writing is even more poetic - in my opinion - and will probably even make you love the book if you're not a big fan of the story itself ( or werewolves).


7. Ally Condie


I enjoyed Matched so much because Cassia's dystopian world was so simple. It didn't need much effort to get into it. Same thing with Kiera Cass's Selection. Both of these are not books I loved to death but definitely dystopians you can pick up any time, read and feel satisfied.


8. Suzanne Collins


Divergent. It's a given. So action-packed. So overwhelming.


And that's it for me. Right now, I just can't think of more than these :)

7 comments:

  1. Haha, I had to change the topic up for mine, too.

    I think you may have convinced me to give Delirium a try. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I check out a few of these! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I really want to read The Selection. It look so good!

    I had to change mine too. There is no way I could think of 10 different books that are similar to one author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I definitely have to read Deadly Cool now! Thanks for the great rec!

    Happy Reading (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I really like the idea of recommending 8 different books. I may have to give Sarah Dessen another try, and Deadly Cool looks like something I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Recs! I have had a few of these on my radar and now I know they are ones to def check out. I love pretty little liars, but havent heard of Rosebush so i will have to look into that one.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your pics! I've read most of the books you listed, and I definitely agree with your match-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...