July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

This week is a freebie, so I decided to talk about the ten books I'd recommend you read during a Read- a - thon ( as I'm typing this on Sunday and I'm starting a Read-a-thon on Monday)

1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I read this one during my first Read-a-thon and it's my new favorite book. I know that the one thing some people didn't like about it was the slow pace in the beginning and I figured you wouldn't mind that as much when you don't do anything but reading anyway - you probably get through the slow parts faster. Also, with 400 pages Delirium can bring you forward quite a bit if you don't count books but pages read.

2. Pretty Little Liars

These books are meant to be one- sitting reads. They are so creepy you won't want to put them down until you're finished. Also, they are very fast reads.


3. Deadly Cool

I always mention this book but it is just a fun and quick read (I also read this one during my very first Read-thon) and it is so entertaining!

4. Beautiful Creatures

This book is quite thick so I'd recommend it for the end of your Read-a-thon or for an all nighter or something like that. You will definitely get absorbed in the world, though, so that you probably couldn't find your way back even if you really had to.

5. Shadow and Bone

This is just another book you won't be able to put down - and it is quite different from your mainstream YA novel.

6. The Selection

Even though I don't find this book absolutely amazing, it certainly does melt in your hands. By which I mean that it just disappears into nothing and suddenly you find that you have already read the whole thing!

7. If I Stay

This book is so heartbreaking. I seriously don't know if I'd be able to just devour it and go on with the next one but I guess that's why it'd be a great last book of a Read-a-thon. It definitely leaves you thinking.

8. The Airhead Trilogy

I actually haven't read a whole series or trilogy in a Reada-thon but I think it'd be fun to get lost in only one  world for quite a few days. What is more, I think the different events are clearer in your head when you read all the books at once.

9. The Hunger Games trilogy

See above. This trilogy is so fast paced and suspenseful that you will probably want to read all of the installments together.

10. Evermore

I read it during my last Read-a-thon, too and I think it was a great Paranormal Romance that I enjoyed but after reading it it was easy to immediately jump into the next story.


19 comments:

  1. I want to read Shadow and Bone so badly, but first I have to read a few more of the one's already on my bookshelf & kindle! Divergent's a great choice, and The Hunger Games trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah...I'm really struggling to read all of my TBR-pile books, too. There are so many new releases I'm getting way too excited about :)

      Delete
  2. The Hunger Games is a really good choice. The second time I read it, I did it with a family book club trying to get some of our more reluctant readers hooked on something juicy. Because it marked their first "big read" we broke up book one into parts - reading part one for our first meeting, then two for our second and so on. I almost imploded! And I already KNEW what was going to happen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel like I need to reread that series anytime soon, too.

      Delete
  3. Great topic and an interesting list. I enjoyed reading your explanations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Read-a-thon sounds like a blast! I haven't participated in one of those since I was in school. Pretty Little Liars would be an easier series to read through if you were going for quantity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah-it would've been. My timing and time management were just very bad this time...

      Delete
  5. I've only read Delirium & The Hunger Games series from your list - and I loved them all - and 100% agree that they are awesome books to red during a read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both amazing books, nothing more to say :)

      Delete
  6. Great suggestions, thank you. I haven't read some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...cannot remember the last time I did a readathon..the idea of it brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them!!! Although eventually, I sucked at this one!

      Delete
  8. Delirium is on my to-read list. I bought a copy a few weeks ago along with the sequel, Pandemonium. I can't wait to read them.

    I also really loved the Hunger Games and the Airhead series for completely different reasons.

    I hope you enjoy your readathon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got to read Delirium! It's one of my favorite books!

      Delete
  9. Perfect books for a read-a-thon! I'll be reading If I Stay soon- I hope I can get through it without crying too much.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo, you have to cry! It#s just...the experience - crying and If I Stay belong together!

      Delete
  10. Delirium is definitely one of my favorite books. I agree, the pacing was a little slow at first, but I liked that it allowed Lauren Oliver to really introduce us to Lena's world, since other than the epigraphs in the beginning, we're supposed to take the dystopia at face value (the format of the book only allows for world building, otherwise, through the characters' dialogue). And of course, Lena and Alex are two of my favorite characters ever.

    I've never read Pretty Little Liars, but given the show, I'm curious how the books are.

    Beautiful Creatures has been on my to-read list forever, and I just got Shadow and Bone last week.

    I love the Airhead trilogy (and everything else by Meg Cabot), The Hunger Games, and If I Stay. Airhead's lighter than the other two, but I can definitely see why you'd recommend all of these for a readathon.

    Great, exciting choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, what a comment! But I looved Delirium, too! Like ... loved it! :) And I actually have an issue or two with the books and I think I like the show better - which is VERY unusual for me!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...