July 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



1) I feel like Harry Potter is the book I mention a couple of times every week but I can't help it! Of course I'd love going to school in Hogwarts, living in a house like the one of the Weasley's and buying all that cool wizardry candy. I LOVE the Harry Potter world!

2) Inkheart. And here we go again. But, I mean, come on! I didn't even read through the second and third book of that trilogy, but the glimpse that I actually got to see of the world that Cornelia Funke created fascinated me!

3) Lakeview and Colby, the Sarah Dessen towns, because they have amazing restaurants, people (also some cute guys!) and malls :)

4) Ravka from Shadow and Bone
I mean, I'd probably be scared to death and pee my pants or something, but I just am sooo curious to see how it looks like! Especially the palaces, though!


5) The Mortal Instruments Series
Can I just say I'd love to see New York one day? At the best of course, a New York filled with vampires and werewolves and demons :) And with Jace.

6) Gatlin from The Caster Chronicles

I know I'm weird. I hate the small town I live in. I hate all the characteristics of smalltowns in general. Anyway, as soon as it's an American small town I will drop everything and hop over that big ocean without taking a second thought. Oh, and the creepy magic helps, too.

7) Anna and the French Kiss

I'm such a cheater! Well, yes I'd love to go to Paris anytime soon. But I wouldn't mind staying at Anna's boarding school either, so it's okay :)

8) Rosewood from the Pretty Little Liars Series
Because it is sooo creepy and the people there are sooo....I don't even know the word, it's just a different world!

9) Vampire Academy

Although I still haven't gotten past the first book, I'd love to go to school there. I think Richelle Mead created an awesome world!

10) Genovia from the Princess Diaries
Everyone who has read those books knows how awesome that place has got to be for a nice little beach vacation!



I mean...come on, look at this! I'd probably stay in school forever if that meant flying pumpkins every year :)

30 comments:

  1. Love the list! I've only read the Mortal Instruments series and Vampire Academy - and agree, both Worlds were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I love it when you feel like they could actually exist anywhere :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to read the Mortal Instrument Series! So many people have told me great things about it, but I just havent had the chance to yet! :(

    I will soon though!
    Great list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - it's the same for me with the Infernal Devices Series - I just won't get to it although everyone recommens it to me!

      Delete
  3. Haha I feel like I mention HP all the time too! But how can you not? Especially here, it just fits perfectly. I can't wait to read Shadow and Bone! I just bought it and I cannot wait to start it!! VA is a good choice too - I think you'll like the second book even better than the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you'll enjoy Shadow and Bone. I find it's a mixture of all the great dystopians of the last few years :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so with you on Harry Potter! And I still have to read Anna and the French Kiss (I know, shame on me!), but I really want to!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I keep hearing great things about Inkheart, I really need to get on that! Rad list, thanks for the comment love on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And as I said - I only really like the first book of the Inkheart trilogy, but you should try it!

      Delete
  6. I love Rosewood!!! I wish I would've thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel like my love fo Rosewood mainly roots from the show. That town looks so great on TV :)

      Delete
  7. I'm sure JK Rowling is very gratified that so many people think the world she created is so vivid and life-like. She spent many years creating the Harry's Wizarding World, and all that hard work shows in how coherent it is. It deserves its place on many of these lists. :)

    And yours is a good list. Some of these books are on my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life-like is exactly the right word! She made that world so real...I never really let people convince me it's not :)

      Delete
  8. Oooo, I didn't even think of the world in Inkheart! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to add the Sarah Dessen one's but got too caught up in mythical/dystopic worlds! Such a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I guess the most memorable worlds are the ones we don't know :)

      Delete
  10. You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats! See here for info: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Follower! I love your background and rating system :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Inkheart! I forgot all about it.

    Really great choices :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my page
    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha I'm like you.. Harry Potter almost always makes an appearance on my Top 10 Tuesday every week in some form.. :P

    Great list! :) and thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - and yeah - my friends always role their eyes because I can't stop talking about Harry Potter - and even sometimes quoting the books!

      Delete
  14. Hogwarts is the best! :) You should really read the rest of the VA series, tehy're brilliant!

    Ty for stopping by @ Little Pieces of Imagination :)

    Siiri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waah, I know! It drives me crazy that I still don't own them!

      Delete
  15. I love Harry Potter! I need to read the Half Blooded Prince soon.

    You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that book is great! Although my favorite was Order of the Phoenix!

      Delete
  16. Inkheart... I DEFINITELY agree with Inkheart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm reading City of Bones and I agree it's really cool. I love Jace already. I was surprised there were all sorts of creatures in this book. Great list and thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I love Jace, too. Soo much. And I feel like he's getting more sarcastic every time!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...