July 01, 2012

Words of the Week

Oh well...I'm not really happy with this title but it's better than "No Title..." (last week's recap post). I am thinking of joining the masses and starting the "Stacking the Shelves" meme but as of right now that'd be just too many memes on my blog - I think I'd get lost eventually :)

So...what can I talk about this week? Mhm...maybe summer? Because for me school is finally over next Friday. Which you guys probably all know by now because I mention it pretty much all the time (online and offline and in my sleep...).
I have not been very specific about my plans for summer, though, so I thought I could tell you a bit about that. Like...mostly my reading plans for the summer. I don't think I'm going anywhere this year so I guess I'm going to have a lot of time to read and also to work on my blog. I'd like to try some things to make it more original - basically I hope that I can replace some of the memes I'm currently participating in with my own personal features and I do have some ideas for those.
When it comes to the frequency of my posts I'm doing pretty well right now - I think I even posted every day this past week. I have one question about that, though - would you guys like to have a post every day or do you think that is too much? Because I feel like some people post even more than once a day while others have like 3 or 4 posts up throughout the whole week.
I don't really like it when people post more than once a day simply because there are so many awesome bloggers out there and I want to read everything and then I get lost and spend hours in front of my computer screen.
Anyway, back to my summer. Reading - wise I have a LOT of options to choose from because I can't. stop. buying. books. It's especially bad with used books that are soooo cheap :)
Next week starts a Readathon I'm taking part in and I think I'm going to try to read lots of review books during that time so that I have some time later in the month to read Wintergirls and Born Wicked - both of these are books I can't wait to start reading! My Summer Reading Review Special will continue in July and it's going to be themed this month - even more themed than just the "summer" theme, I mean.
Wow...this is an awful lot to write, to type, to think about. So, I hope you got an overview over where this blog is going in the weeks ahead and wish you all a wonderful summer :)

Now to the books I got this week.

Paperbacks:

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)


Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

Twenty Boy Summer


Hardcover Books:

Miles To Go by Miley Cyrus

Miles to Go

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy, #1)

The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes (I actually won this one in a giveaway hosted by Hannah over at In the Best Worlds - thanks so much!!!)

 The Princesses of Iowa

ARCs:

Chrysalis Chronicles - The Eyes of the Desert Sand by Edwin Wolfe

The Eyes of the Desert Sand (Chrysalis Chronicles #1)

2 comments:

  1. Exciting new books!!! :)
    As far as frequency, I think posting 3-7 times a week is good, not too much, not too little. I think posting more than once a day is a bit much, and not everyone will even be able to read all your posts. If I have something to post about, but I dont want to post it yet, Ill write it up and then just keep it saved until im ready to post it, or until I have a day I dont have anything to post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think, too! I won't even get through all of the posts from the people I follow - I can't imagine how endless it would be if they all posted more than once a day!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...