July 25, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday

waight-1

Light vs. Dark blog background

Uh, this is tough. I never really thought about it. I am a rather girly girl, though, so I'd go for anything pastel, pink, purple, baby - blue. I think dark backgrounds can appeal to me but the rest of the blog has to look very epic too then.
One example is the Parajunkee website -it's dark but it has those cool animations and the great fond!
I just noticed that the post background on that site is white and while I don't think that's a must (look at my blog, duh!) I certainly believe it's important that it does not take the tiniest bit extra effort to read the text!

9 comments:

  1. I like this question :) I find it funny because I'm not a complete girly girl at all (i'm not a tom boy either), I'm kind of in the middle. My fav color is blue not pink, but my blog is totally pink lol! It's a salmon pink but pink nonetheless. In the beginning, I didn't picture my blog to be pink-themed but lol you get carried away... Hehe

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagined my blog to be totally different at first, too ;)

      Delete
  2. Great answer! I totally agree with you on reading on a white background...it just feels really effortless. I guess that's why books are all printed on white-ish backgrounds anyway, haha! I really like your text background, though! It's a bit dark, with character, but it's not too dark.

    Vivi's Weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good response, I couldn't agree more. I think the biggest issue is if the background color and text color are contrasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I sometimes wonder how some bloggers are able to read their own texts :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with you. I'm not a fan of just plain white backgrounds, though. I love your background and how it looks like someone's doodles. Very cute! The blog has to be easy to read, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I'm glad this design exists because my own doodles? so not made for the public eye!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...