July 29, 2012

Words of the Week

Slowing Down - you might have noticed that I haven't been as active on my blog, with replying and tweeting and stuff. Which is not because I'm tired of it or anything. I love it and could do it all day long - and that's the problem. I think I'm going to post a bit less per week (right now it's six, but mostly seven posts a week) as I cannot spend my whole summer in front of a computer screen. I just can't. I feel like I get caught up with this and that thing and then I spend hours everyday staring on a screen.


Efficiency - I change some things in order to get more stuff done. For example, I write all my posts on a computer without an Internet connection - it helps a LOT. That way I give myself a limit of one hour, type what I can and turn the computer off without thinking about it. On the other hand, when I'm on my Netbook, I take it to breakfast with me, then take it to my room, out in the backyard - you get my point. It's just too much!

Sun - so this week it's been so HOT where I live. Like crazy hot. Not even funny anymore...I always thought I'd want summer but now that it is (was) here - no, not so much ;)

Read-a-thons - There are TWO in August that I plan to participate in, so that I have some room for school when it starts again (three weeks from now -meh!)

Books I got this week:

Impulse (Impulse, #1)A Midsummer's Nightmare

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post! Especially the part about efficiency. This is bit of a longer method, but I tend to write out my reviews first. I feel like when I write I'm accomplishing something. It's a different feel than typing something up on a computer. I also have this program called Ommwriter, it's a program that goes full screen when you're typing so you don't get distracted easily. You should check it out sometime!

    And I definitely know what you mean by the weather being hot. Here in Canada, it's been crazy too. So crazy that I had a heat stroke lol. Hopefully you don't get one, trust me it's not that fun.

    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I hope you recovered well from that heat-stroke! Had one when I was six and I remember it was not fun at all! Your efficiency idea is great, actually! I'm going to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...