February 21, 2013

Review: Entice by Jessica Shirvington

Entice
by Jessica Shirvington

Entice (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)

CONSEQUENCE HAUNTS EVERY CHOICE

Violet Eden is Grigori - part angel, part human. Her destiny is to protect humans from the vengence of exiled angels.
Knowing who to trust is key but, when Grigori reinforcements arrive, it becomes clear everyone is hiding something. Even Lincoln. The only thing Violet does know: Phoenix's hold over her is more dangerous than ever.
The race to find the one thing that could tilt the balance of power brings them all to the sacred mountains of Jordan, where Violet's power will be pushed to the extreme. And the ultimate betrayal exposed.
Enticed (now retitled ENTICE) is the second compelling book in The Violet Eden Chapters.

Paperback, AUS Edition, 413 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Hachette

A Long Story...Short! 

This series never ceases to surprise me. I read the first book and found it refreshingly...good! And then I waited...a decade - at least that's what it feels like - to continue with book two, Entice, and found that it was incredibly fun and entertaining, as well. The old characters - and especially our lovebirds - go through some trouble again and there are so many new people - all of them interesting and likeable on the first - or second - view. No matter what you usually think of Angel books - you should try this series!

RATING:
3/3 Smarties

Review for You:

I think with this series it's the mixture of everything good that makes them great. The characters are realistic, yes, and some of them really have some chemistry, we get some steamy, but also adorable scenes between different couples that I couldn't get enough of, but that alone wouldn't have done it for me. 
Thankfully, all that relationship chaos got interrupted constantly by saving-the-world emergencies and kick-ass action - for the boys but also for the girls which made me very happy, being the feminist-y kind of girl that I am. Violet is not clinging to the guys to save her - and the guys know there's no need!
As for the plot, it does not seem to end. Seriously! Whenever I felt like I could put the book aside to maybe think of food or homework or sleep or something, there was a new plot twist or fight scene or mystery I wanted to figure out.
What I like about the series, too - something I also mentioned in my review of the first book - is that Steph is not just a random sidekick. If there's something going on, she always comes along or at least has her own important part to play. 
Something that could be criticized is that Violet's "normal" life as a teen does come a little bit short. School and her dad are very easily put in the background, but with that amazing storyline I didn't really care about that anyway. 
All in all, I guess what made this book even better than the last one are all the new characters and settings that the reader is introduced to. It makes the series more special and unique - if book three, Emblaze, is just as good this might turn into one of my new favorite series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...