May 12, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 Goal Post

Bout of Books


Time Devoted to Reading:
I'm not sure as - conveniantly enough - I'm starting my new job tomorrow :) I guess Monday morning is not available then. However, I am clearly going to read every night (except Thursday) for three hours and I will try to make time for at least two more hours every day. That might sound like too much but considering there's clearly nothing else I have to do besides reading and sleeping (and maybe working a bit) I guess it's doable :) Also, I'll try to devote one full day (Saturday?) to do nothing but reading.


My Goals
 - to catch up on my Goodreads challenge (currently 8/9 books behind) as much as I can
- therefore to read at least 5 books (more is better!)
- if I can get my hands on them, definitely include some mangas, novellas etc.
-keep working on my TBR pile

Books to Read

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
Shadowland by Alyson Noel
The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
Kissed by an Angel Bind - Up by Elisabeth Chandler

If I want to read other books, though, that's okay, too.

Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

And lastly - attention to all Manga lovers! I'd really like to get started on Mangas but have no idea what I would like...do you guys have any suggestions?? If so, please leave them in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about reading Manga too but haven't taken the plunge. I've heard good things about Fruit Basket... maybe check that one out...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one, I have heard of, too! I'm always kind of hesitant, because most mangas have such a cheesy look, but I guess I'll start with Fruit Basket then :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed The Kissed by An Angel bind-up when I read it a few years ago! I remember the first and the third book in the bind-up were fairly quickly to get through but I didn't like the second book that much. I hope you enjoy all the books you plan to read! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thanks for the advice! If I get to the bind-up, I'll remember to prepare extra tea and snacks to get through number two :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have some great books to read this week!! :) I just put up my goal post..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And all of them have been sitting on my shelves for ages! I'm just gonna head over to your blog and see your goals :)

      Delete
  4. Bei Mangas bist du bei mir an der richtigen Adresse :)

    Wenn du Science Fiction magst, schau dir unbedingt Stardust Memories an (http://mangafox.me/manga/stardust_memories/)
    Wenn du's todtraurig magst, ist YUNAGI NO MACHI SAKURA NO KUNI was für dich - es handelt von den Folgen der Bombe in Hiroschima (http://mangafox.me/manga/yunagi_no_machi_sakura_no_kuni/)
    Und noch was Ernstes - hat auch Preise gewonnen, soviel ich weiß. Ein Manga über ein gehörloses Mädchen, das in der Schule gemobbt wird: http://mangafox.me/manga/koe_no_katachi/

    Fruit Basket ist süß (manchmal sogar zu süß...) aber ich fand's sehr nett es zu lesen (bzw hab ich mir den Anime angesehen :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, danke,danke,danke! Ha, endlich mal jemand, der sich ein bisschen auskennt, manga-mäßig! Ich stehe immer vor den Regalen im Buchladen und hab keine Ahnung, wo ich anfangen und aufhören muss! (wortwörtlich übrigens - hat ne weile gedauert, bis ich rausgefunden habe, in welche Richtung man lesen muss!) Ich werd auf jeden Fall mal dein Vorschläge ausprobieren :)

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...