June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - the Rebel Version!

Top Ten Books to Read if everyone seems to be going to the beach....without you...


We don't go on vacations. I mean, we did go on a few road trips when I was a kid and my mom went camping with me once, but usually the money was needed elsewhere,so we stayed at home. Which has its perks, too. Everyone in my family was generously providing me with books that I devoured, I learned to speak and write in English more fluently and had a lot of time to be creative.

It can be annoying if you're the only one of your friends who's at home all summer -while they are on the beach. So here's my list of books to read in case you don't go to the beach!


1/2) The Harry Potter or Mortal Instruments Series

If it's your first time or your 13th reread doesn't matter. These epic series can be read over and over again, forward and backward, as well as in every language you could ever imagine ( in case you choose HP, at least) 


3) The Gossip Girl Series

If I didn't had so many other books to read, I'd totally make it my goal to spend the summer finishing the series. I always feel like whenever you start one of these books, you can't stop reading...

4) Looking for Alaska by John Green

Looking for Alaska

If you haven't read it, now would be the perfect time since it's a book that really made me think. If you've read it once but - like me - still feel like you'd need a reread to get the story entirely, a long, hot and maybe sometimes boring summer is the perfect time to do so!

5) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner

This is an adult book - and one I was really impressed with. Not a beach read at all, this book does need some concentration and will probably make you cry. It's worth it, though.

6) The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling 

The Casual Vacancy

This one is very, very sad, as well. It makes you think, no doubt about that! So if you feel like making your mind up about society - related topics, this one is for you!

7) Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus

Miles to Go

Hey, stop! Before you declare me crazy, let me explain! It's true, I was/am a fan. But that's not why I recommend this book. I'm very aware it could be she doesn't even know what's written in there. The message that shines through the whole autobiography is a great one, though, and something everyone should remember once the summer is over and school starts (for those of you who, of course, still have to go).

8) Dear Bully (anthology)

Dear Bully: Seventy Authors Tell Their Stories

Because everyone should read this book and summer usually gives you the time you might need to read all these stories.


9) Geek Girl by Holly Smale

Geek Girl

If you find yourself bored or depressed on an otherwise beautiful summer day you might want to consider this book. It will have you on the floor laughing within the first two minutes.

10) Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)

These books will totally transfer you to a place so much cooler and more exciting than the beach!!!

14 comments:

  1. Good list, I love Harry Potter as well. I'm currently reading Looking for Alaska and I'm really liking it so far and Cinder next on my to be read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Cinder and Scarlet are absolutely awesome!! I promise you won't be able to put those books down once you get started :)

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely obsessed with the Gossip Girl television show, though I have yet to start season 6. I also haven't checked out the books! Maybe I should this summer. :b
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the show, too! I'm just catching up on season three right now...which is depressing :) But then again, that leaves more episodes to enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Some really great sounding books here, although I don't think I could read a Miley Cyrus book :P.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...about that :) I admit there might be better role models to look up to, but...ah, well, let's just don't even talk about it :D

      Delete
  4. Geek Girl has a cool cover! I really want to read it. :)

    www.booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, you should, you should! It's plain funny. And witty. And awesome!

      Delete
  5. You are not alone! I rarely go on vacation and I would never pick the beach...sand, ugh. I love your picks. I plan to reread Harry Potter this summer and I am definitely going to have to look for Geek Girl. Cinder and Scarlet are so awesome. Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-1uH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? Marissa Meyer is a genius! And I love that you're rereading Harry Potter. I am still struggling with my Goodreads challenge...but then again, I just got half the series in English and that calls for a reread...right?? :)

      Delete
  6. First of all, ABSOLUTELY YES to the HP series. Those books are timeless. And I just finished Looking for Alaska a few days ago! What an awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, YES back! I need to reread Looking for Alaska at some point. And HP is great!

      Delete
  7. Awesome list! I have yet to start on Gossip Girl series. Hopefully it's not as fake-dramatic as the TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lot of amazing picks! Haha I remember when I first read the HP series, I was reading one of the books before fireworks on the 4th of July :) In response to what you wrote on my TTT, I have not read The Moon and More yet! But I plan on doing so when I have it in my possession. Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...