October 07, 2013

The Top Ten Best and Worst Series Enders Ever!



I don't know about you guys, but I always get really excited about series enders. Like...so excited I preorder them months before release and then think about rereading the whole series and in some cases watching the movie and all that stuff.
Then, release day comes and I haven't done any of these things. Also, I usually read the book months/years later. I know I'm weird.

Anyway, these are my five worst series enders ever:

1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

There were a couple of tiny details I wasn't too happy with, but the book is so, so amazing that I simply forgot what they were (and I read the book 7 times, so that means something!)

2) Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margeret Stohl
Mehh, I liked the third one best. But this one was okay. Pretty good. I personally enjoyed it, because you got to "say goodbye" to all of the characters, but I understand why people wouldn't like the overall setup, or the ending, or the lack of action.

...... (this gap is to indicate that I'm the master of finishing series and can actually come up with ten - which I absolutely can't. So let's just assume I'd be the dutiful reader I should be and move on, k?)

9) Reached by Ally Condie

A series ender should be mindblowing. Seriously, I don't care if book one was nice and book two average - the last book needs to rock my socks!! This one clearly didn't. It was boring.

10) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
But this one doesn't have a lot to do with it being the last book. It was fine, but I'm not a huge fan of the series in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...